Live Q&A- Ask a Squarespace Product Manager: Accepting donations on your Squarespace site

Go to solution Solved by Parker_SQSP,

Hi everyone, 

The Customer Operations Community team is hosting a 45 min demo and live Q&A on July 23rd, 12pm EST on Squarespace’s new and improved donations features. During this session, Adam Parks, Senior Product Manager, will show you what’s new with the donation block and the new Donations dashboard and reply to audience questions about them. This is a unique opportunity to connect with one of our product experts and learn about new features and best practices. If you collect donations through your Squarespace site or run a non-profit organization, then this Q&A session is for you! Save your spot now by signing up on the Ask a Squarespace Product Manager: Accepting donations on your Squarespace site registration page.

Here are some examples of topics we’ll address: 

• Styling options- How to use the Design tab to style your donation block and match your site’s colors.
  • Recurring donations- How to set up recurring donations to accept ongoing contributions to your fund.
  • Contact panel- How to access all of your donor information in one convenient place, and understand your fund on a granular level.
  • Donations dashboard- A look at the new hub that gives you a quick view and quick access to the information that’s most important to you.

You can submit your questions throughout the session, and we’ll do our best to answer as many questions as we can during the session.

To submit general questions in advance, please share them with us in the comments. For any questions that are site specific and/or require troubleshooting, we recommend contacting Customer Support directly.

Hi there, 

I am site administrator for the charity organization. We are using squarespace for our website for 2 years. While I am sure that the new donation feature is improvement in some areas of charity operations, but for us Ythe  recent donation updates made our operations more difficult. Lots of charities run campaigns and we need to track how much money were collected to each campaign.  It was not ideal before, but it was possible through the title of the donation block. Looks like the title field is gone now and the donation settings are same for the whole website. So it would be impossible for us to create new  campaigns. This is major setback for us and if it would not be fixed, we would have to start looking for another platform.  

I think it would be worth noting in the webinar and also on the module itself that you must check the payment terms of your payment processor. I added a donation button onto a client's website and she uses Stripe to process payments. Within days they were threatening to revoke her ability to process payments because they don't allow "crowdfunding" of any kind to be associated with their payment processing. It took quite a while to figure out that this was their actual issue and as soon as we removed the donation button they backed off. 

I wouldn't want anyone else to inadvertently run into this issue.

We already have robust donation and fundraising management through our main CMS, but we can imagine some use-cases where it could be helpful to use Squarespace donation tools. However, this would only be relevant to use if we can export the relevant data for import into our CMS in a usable way. This is something I hope the demo session would cover. 

Our nonprofit primarily accepts donations (one-time and recurring) through another platform. Will there be support for migrating existing recurring donors to Squarespace if we decide to switch to donation blocks?

As a young nonprofit, we try to keep our overhead as low as possible. Will the new donations block/platform from SquareSpace be available to registered charitable organizations at any website plan level? Currently it shows that we need to upgrade in order to utilize the feature.