Willing to pay an expert to make the needed changes to my DNS settings...

I need someone willing to go into my DNS settings, and correct whatever it is making my site show up as "Not Secure". 

Another half a day wasted, and all I can show is a screen test showing a mismatch for the SSL certificate that is supposedly assigned to my domain, although the SquareSpace log in screen shows "Certificate not available", go figure. 

Anyone interested, tell me how we connect, agree on cost, and get this done. 

Thank you, Joe 

Posted (edited)

I would take a look at this official help guide from Squarespace about connecting a 3rd party domain:

Connecting a third-party domain to your Squarespace Site – Squarespace Help Center

This is done by making the DNS changes over at the registrar where your domain is registered.

If it's been connected correctly, the SSL should install automatically on Squarespace's end with little to no input needed from you as they handle it. Also note that it sometimes just takes time for the SSL to install (it took a few hours for me and then it automatically completed without me having to do anything).  Its possible that by the time you're reading this it's already finished and works by now. 

Edited by JulianP
1 minute ago, JulianP said:

I would take a look at this official help guide from Squarespace about connecting a 3rd party domain:

Connecting a third-party domain to your Squarespace Site – Squarespace Help Center

This is done by making the DNS changes over at the registrar where your domain is registered.

If it's been connected correctly, the SSL should install automatically on Squarespace's end with little to no input needed from you as they handle it. Also note that it sometimes just takes time for the SSL to install (it took a few hours for me and then it automatically completed without me having to do anything).  Its possible that by the time you're reading this it's already finished and works by now. 

Hi Julian, Only issue I am having is, the domain now resides with SquareSpace, moved automatically from Google Domains. Not sure the "3rd party" instructions are for me, yes? No? 

4 minutes ago, JoeDekLights said:

Hi Julian, Only issue I am having is, the domain now resides with SquareSpace, moved automatically from Google Domains. Not sure the "3rd party" instructions are for me, yes? No? 

I would ask Squarespace support what their nameservers are for your website and then change the nameservers on the registrar side of things, this would 'connect' the domain to the local DNS used by Squarespace, otherwise I'd perhaps reach out to their official web chat for support asking what changes need to be made to make sure it's correctly pointing to the web hosting provided by Squarespace's website creator. 

I have a small store on Squarespace and I found the DNS changes I had to make by going to the website creator side of things

account dashboard > website > settings > domain & email > domains > use a domain I own

enter your domain that you wish to use with that website and follow the prompts, it should tell you then what settings need to be applied on the domain side of things

image.thumb.png.acf46133e09fef6aa40c5aefc5806c68.png

1 minute ago, JulianP said:

I would ask Squarespace support what their nameservers are for your website and then change the nameservers on the registrar side of things, this would 'connect' the domain to the local DNS used by Squarespace, otherwise I'd perhaps reach out to their official web chat for support asking what changes need to be made to make sure it's correctly pointing to the web hosting provided by Squarespace's website creator. 

I have a small store on Squarespace and I found the DNS changes I had to make by going to the website creator side of things

account dashboard > website > settings > domain & email > domains > use a domain I own

enter your domain that you wish to use with that website and follow the prompts, it should tell you then what settings need to be applied on the domain side of things

image.thumb.png.acf46133e09fef6aa40c5aefc5806c68.png

Been there, tried that (100 times). We will see how this plays out, but no way I let this run past the 14 days... I will cancel and move on long before that. 

Thanks for the advice. Have a good one!