Trying to stick it out with SquareSpace, but realizing they will offer little or no help at all with problems...

Good early morning to those awake with me, 

I was switched to SquareSpace automatically from Google Domains. I figured since I am here already, I would open an ecommerce site to sell one of my products online. 

I made a very simple, easy website without much of a problem, but now cannot get it to load up. Many attempts to chat have failed, and the one time I could get someone live, "Sunny from Australia", at 4am this morning (my time), it went into the further frustration column. As she told me after some time, that she needed to bump it to their technical team, who will respond to me by email. 

Side Note: The reason I woke up so early, and decided to jump on the chat, was an email I get from SquareSpace, telling me to "keep my SquareSpace Payments active, we need some information by June 4th"... I just created the website yesterday, June 6th... you see my rising concern? 

When reviewing the issue they have with the information needed to confirm my identity, they indicate they cannot verify an operating website... Haha! (That line goes "You cannot make this **** up) 

Reading hundreds of reviews, blogs, etc, I hold out little hope of them helping at all. 

My first gut feeling was to call DiscoverCard, and dispute the 1 year fee I paid in advance, and jump ship, along with all the other domain names I have registered with SquareSpace (since being moved from Google). Then I went to Shopify, initiated a chat, to see what their thoughts were on moving my domain in question over to them, and was met with a message saying I could schedule a meeting with (insert name here) next week... LoL... Okay, this is the way of the world now, I guess. 

So in an effort to try to stay reasonable, calm, and move forward, I figured I would see if one of the helpful people on here could possibly get me up and running.  

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to jump in. Joe 

I don't have experience with setting up ecommerce sites, but just wanted to say that I hope you're able to find the answers you need to move forward with your shop without much more stress. It's very frustrating to not be able to easily get a hold of anyone that can provide support.

I think when SQSP works well, it's fun and easy to use. When it doesn't, it can take way more time and energy than you'd expect to get it on the right track.

15 minutes ago, AgnesK said:

I don't have experience with setting up ecommerce sites, but just wanted to say that I hope you're able to find the answers you need to move forward with your shop without much more stress. It's very frustrating to not be able to easily get a hold of anyone that can provide support.

I think when SQSP works well, it's fun and easy to use. When it doesn't, it can take way more time and energy than you'd expect to get it on the right track.

Thank you Agnes, It absolutely can become frustrating, and has. And not only is it not easy to get a hold of any of the "Award Winning 24/7 Customer Support Team" members. I am now on a chat with DigiCert, which may prove helpful, since I am getting zero help from SquareSpace. 

Hope you have a better day than I am having! 😄 

Agreed! I can't find any live support, there is no phone number at all that I can find. I have not had a response to my email for several hours, their twitter support is uselss. I am going crazy as my clients won't be able to book services with me right now. I am thinking I am going to go to GoDaddy because it seems they have 24hr phone support 7 days a week. Before I can do this though I need squarespace to give me transfer code which they responded would take up to 72 hours. I don't understand why this is so complicated. Right now if you go to my site the redirect works but if someone older like me types in the www before the address it will not work. 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, monktown said:

Agreed! I can't find any live support, there is no phone number at all that I can find. I have not had a response to my email for several hours, their twitter support is uselss. I am going crazy as my clients won't be able to book services with me right now. I am thinking I am going to go to GoDaddy because it seems they have 24hr phone support 7 days a week. Before I can do this though I need squarespace to give me transfer code which they responded would take up to 72 hours. I don't understand why this is so complicated. Right now if you go to my site the redirect works but if someone older like me types in the www before the address it will not work. 

I've made my decision, after a ton of reading Reddit and other blogs, to switch *all* my domains to Porkbun. I sent them an email this morning, (Sunday) and they replied to me within an hour or two. That was good enough for me. $11 a year, and they have support by phone, email, and live chat.

SquareSpace has shown me enough (nothing at all) to run from them as fast as my keyboard can take me. 

This way, I have same day support on DNS and SSL issues (which I am currently suffering issues with), and I will (for now) leave the site that I built here on SquareSpace that I prepaid for 12 months anyway. 

It was a great feeling doing a few transfers this morning from GoDaddy (I also had domains still registered there), since GoDaddy at least gives you an instant transfer auth #... Those on SquareSpace I elected to transfer out, tells me I need to wait 24 hours for a transfer #... (Big Surprise there!)

So Bye bye SquareSpace, as far as my domain registrar...    Hopefully I won't need help with the actual histed site I leave here (for now), because I know I'd never see it. 

Edited by JoeDekLights