How to offer free trial for subscription product with requiring credit card info?!

Why does Squarespace not have a 7 day free trial that can be applied to digital products? Has anyone found a way to make this work/know if this will eventually be added?

We have been having to offer "month free access" to our platform which is far too long and a significant loss of income. I have searched numerous sites but don't seem to see a solution anywhere. Hoping Sqaurespace adds this soon as we are considering redesigning our website on another site that has this feature. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,
Am I correct in that Squarespace e-commerce does not allow a 7 day trial on my services?  Would I have to do this through STRIPE which is connected.
I would have to use the STRIPE payment link to display a service with a 7 day trial period?
Therefore, there would be no email notifications coming out of Squarespace?
Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hello - it look like this has been asked - is there a free trial solution becoming available for digital subscription products - it seems you can discount first payment with a code - I am offering monthly or yearly subscriptions - so I imagine there is a way to create a discount that can only apply to monthly plan as I would not want to offer a free year obviously. Thanks for any insight : )

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm shocked that Squarespace doesn't enable you to offer a free trial on a subscription product without requiring credit card info. It's a major turn-off when people have to enter CC info to try a digital product. Has anyone figured out a viable solution to this problem?