Better way to display categories in store on mobile?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumping this up - I don't have an answer but it's a HORRIFIC UX on mobile to display categories in a horizontal scroll. There has to be another option to be able to use a dropdown menu.  Can anyone help with this or provide the code for changing this menu to a dropdown?

To improve the mobile experience, consider implementing a more visible navigation method such as a sticky menu, collapsible categories, or clear directional arrows. Additionally, ensure that key categories are prominently displayed above the fold.

On 5/8/2024 at 4:39 PM, AdamZ said:

I've received feedback from multiple people that it's not intuitive to a user that they need to scroll to see additional product categories when they view our shop page on mobile.

@AdamZ @TiffanyChaplin I agree that it's not a great user experience on mobile.

How would you like the product categories to appear? I've previously provided a way of displaying them all in a list, but this won't work well if there are many categories.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.