Adjusting a pre-made template

Hello! 

I'm currently using the Kester template in my portfolio at www.MagnusHenry.se.

However the "Work" page that also serves as the main page is limiting in the way the template presents my cases. I can't add any blocks inside the work section, I also want to divide my projects so that they're clearly separated depending on what topic they cover. In this case I want to make a distinction between my UX Work and my Visual/Branding work. Is it possible to edit this part of the template through code injection?  

1 hour ago, tuanphan said:

You can click Add Section

image.png.dec3361e3be0fa1469a25ad585ab63f3.png

then you can add Block

image.png.37838741785a4ae3121935b87adf29e3.png

I know, and that's certainly a workaround. Problem is that the "work" section is uneditable, and that's where the links to my cases are located. I could for sure create another section and divide them that way, only felt more streamlined doing it in the project section itself. 

17 hours ago, MagnusHenry said:

However the "Work" page that also serves as the main page is limiting in the way the template presents my cases. I can't add any blocks inside the work section, I also want to divide my projects so that they're clearly separated depending on what topic they cover. In this case I want to make a distinction between my UX Work and my Visual/Branding work. Is it possible to edit this part of the template through code injection?  

Hi @MagnusHenry Currently it seems like you are using the portfolio home page as your Work and Home page. You would like to have the ability to display different groups from your work portfolio on the same page, is that correct? 

You can make use of Summary Block. This allows you to pull in from any collection pages including blog and portfolio, and display the content. A Summary Block can be customised with a filter by category, how many to display etc. You can have one Summary Block for each groups of work.

You would create a new page, and add Summary Blocks. This gives you more flexibility in designing the page.

But first you would need to organise your portfolio. You can either add category labels or split your work into different portfolio collections. A portfolio can have up to 60 sub-pages, this could be a consideration.

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)