Top section on homepage suddenly has extra space and I can't extend or decrease the grid

Go to solution Solved by ILong,

Hey SS community, 

I can't figure out what's happened to the top section of my page. I've attached a video to demonstrate what is happening. 

The section has a banner image as the background and up until now it filled the whole section. Now, it's shortened. And it looks like there is a blank spacer section below it but I am not able to select/delete it. And the grid drag icon disappears as I try to click it. 

I have a section below this one that is hidden on desktop but displays on tablet/mobile. But I really don't believe the code caused this issue because it has been displaying and working fine even withe code until now.

Just in case, here is the code I'm using to 'swap' out the top section on desktop and tablet/mobile.

//hide top mobile section on desktop//
@media only screen and(min-width:991px) {section[data-section-id="6631b3df6a22c3351140e344"]{display:none}}

//hide top desktop section on tablet-mobile//
@media only screen and(max-width:990px) {section[data-section-id="6621bcb8e4cf963ce6ad57d3"]{display:none}}

Is this just a SS glitch in the section that anyone else has encountered?

Ioana 

• Replies 1
  • Views 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Alrighty, I actually figured it out! Thought I would share in case anyone comes across this issue. 

The extra space at the bottom of the desktop section is actually the "divider" space which I applied to the mobile section that is hidden desktop. The code above appears to hide the mobile section on desktop, but not that extra bit of room that the divider takes up. 

Not sure if there's another code that would hide the divider, but I just removed it and the space disappeared on desktop as well. 

Edited by ILong