Offering Free postage on some products

Hope you can help? I am based in the UK

I sell Eco Paint and need to let customers get free colour charts which I ship for free in the UK. I also need to introduce postage probably £4.50 for orders under £75. Is there a way to do this? Have been asking Squarespace in the chat but they don't seem to help unfortunately.

Many thanks in advance

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, inbuilt said:

I sell Eco Paint and need to let customers get free colour charts which I ship for free in the UK.

Have you tried creating a fulfillment profile for free UK delivery and then assign this to the free products?

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Thank you @paul2009. Can this be applied when you only have the free shipping product in the cart. Or can customers just add the free shipping product and applies to the whole cart if items that your charge postage on below the £75 free shipping criteria?

6 minutes ago, inbuilt said:

Can this be applied when you only have the free shipping product in the cart. Or can customers just add the free shipping product and applies to the whole cart if items that your charge postage on below the £75 free shipping criteria?

You can apply the fulfillment profile to the specific (free) products so that it isn't available to other products. 

If customers check out with multiple products that have different fulfillment profiles, their purchase may be split into separate orders. You should find more details in the support guide that I linked.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

2 minutes ago, inbuilt said:

I suppose a work around would be just to have a form to ask for a free colour chart to be sent to you with tick boxes for the different ones?

Yes, if the request has no charges associated with it 🙂

Having difficulty getting the cart to break up an order into separate shipments automatically if there is a free colour chart so the free postage does not apply to the other items in the cart if they are less than £75. Sounds like it is possible though @paul2009?

Purchases with multiple fulfillment profiles

If customers check out with multiple products that have different fulfillment profiles, their purchase may be split into separate orders, one per shipping option they choose at checkout. If there is no common, least expensive fulfillment option available, they need to select a different shipping option for each product. However, even if there is a common option, they can select different fulfillment options based on their shipping needs. 

If a purchase is split into separate orders, the customer will only check out once, but you’ll fulfill orders from the purchase individually in the orders panel. Customers will receive multiple order confirmation emails, and in sales analytics, your average order value may decrease because your revenue will be divided by more orders.

4 hours ago, inbuilt said:

Having difficulty...

Please share a working link to the site so we can take a look. 

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.