Can't achieve Full-Bleed Image Image for Individual Blog Posts 7.0

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

I wanted to try using blog post because regular pages don't have categories.  The blog will still work for what I want BUT I cannot achieve a full bleed of the first image.  I've tinkered all day with the code that Becca provided from insidethesquare but I can't make it work.  Apparently, blog posts work in 7.0 and don't have the features that 7.1 has.  This just feels hopeless. 

PW: 2024

This is what I created with just a regular page and I like.
https://www.moetalks.com/film-tv/the-wedding-year

This is the test blog version.  
https://www.moetalks.com/film-tv/the-wedding-year

I've targeted the section because the sql-block-image affected the entire site.  I added the figure.intrinsic just to see if I could target the image and it did. Unfortunately, image bleeds to the right but not to the left.  

I added a transform:translatex(-12vw) which works until you expand the screen.  This is one that I cannot figure out. 

Any help would be appreciated.

[data-section-id="66204140a638fb72fb95e09a"]{
article .sqs-block-image-figure.intrinsic:nth-child(1){
padding:0!important;
position: static;
width: 100vw;
transform:translatex(-12vw)
}  
article {overflow-x: hidden}
}

Edited by MoeCritiques
corrected title
  • Replies 3
  • Views 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I need to add that this ⮕ article .sqs-block-image-figure.intrinsic:nth-child(1)

is affecting all the images on my blog post, not just the first one.  I don't undersdtand the parent/child relationship with the other images.  

• MoeTalks changed the title to Can't achieve Full-Bleed Image Image for Individual Blog Posts 7.0

Hi @tuanphan.  I gave up on the blog.  The 7.0 version just sucks rotten eggs 😂.  I'm just going to continue creating web pages and will deal later on with figuring out how to categorize them without blog categories.  The blog that I have there now will suffice.  You are always ready to help and I do appreciate it.