Has Squarespace ecommerce improved?

After working on a bunch of Squarespace ecommerce sites in the past, I've since decided to stop designing and building online stores on Squarespace due to the many frustrations I've come across: mainly shipping and sales tax issues. Even on the smallest online stores, there always seems to be a problem. A couple examples:

1) One of my clients only had TWO products: a physical gift card and a t-shirt. Clearly we had to collect sales tax on the t-shirt, but we can't add sales tax to the gift card since the customer pays sales tax when they visit the store. There was no workaround to this except to use a third party (TaxJar) and pay $19/month just to utilize this small feature. 

2) Another client had a relatively small store (about 5 products). Most of the products were merchandise and not time sensitive, but they did have one product that was food and had to be overnighted. The only way we could make this work was to hope that people selected the correct shipping option at checkout. BUT if they wanted multiple products it was very confusing during checkout. They since moved to Shopify and I don't blame them. 

It looks like there are fulfillment profiles now which may help with different shipping options for different products, but has this helped? I recently started a new website for a client that didn't initially want online store capabilities, but naturally they do now so I'm trying to see what I can do. If I had known this from the start, I wouldn't have taken on the job because it's caused me so much headache in the past. 

I haven't done an online store in a while so I was hoping I could get some feedback from people that have lately. Is it better now? Any insight is appreciated! 

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days