How to offer a payment option that isn't available on Squarespace?

In Holland, customers kinda 'need' to be able to pay through IDeal payments. I realize it is really regional, but the Dutch are stiff when it comes to this and not having the option damages my trustability.

Is it possible to use a 3rd party payment processor in some way to receive payments for my online course, and how do I approach that? I looked into some options that generate a link to an external payment page, but I guess that won't work with Courses?

Did anyone experience this already?? 😅🙏🏼

On 3/29/2024 at 7:10 AM, RubenRotys said:

In Holland, customers kinda 'need' to be able to pay through IDeal payments.

It isn't possible to take payments with IDeal on Squarespace natively yet. There are a few workarounds but they are far from perfect. Please see:

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 3 months later...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.