Clicking the dropdown title doesn't open the first page on 7.1

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Hi everyone,

I recently changed over to Squarespace 7.1 from my Brine 7.0 template and am facing an issue where clicking the dropdown title in my site's main navigation doesn't open the first page in the list. 

I know that according to Squarespace's support article, this is the expected behavior in 7.1, but I liked that feature in 7.0, so I would like to see if it is relatively easy to get back with a little custom code or tweaking. It's a shame that it no longer functions the same and I wonder why they removed it.

Has anyone been successful doing this kind of thing? Is there relatively easy code that can be added to make this work?

Also, I should note too that it seems that if links are added to the dropdown list, they don't get underlined when the links are clicked and the underlying page displayed. I recall this used to work back in 7.0 (although I could be mis-remembering). Is this expected behavior? Is there anyway to get this functionality back (for example, so I can link to all the product categories of my store in this dropdown and have the links be underlined when the user is browsing that specific shop category page)?

Thanks for any help!

-Mike

• Replies 3
  • Views 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, @creedon. That did it for the first issue of clicking on the title! I don't know how I missed that in my search; I think I was searching for "dropdown" instead of "folder". But anyway, thanks for pointing me to it.

I used the code from Beaver Hero: https://beaverhero.com/squarespace-make-folder-clickable/#Squarespace_71

Only used the desktop block (not mobile) and it worked exactly as expected after I updated the parameter to point to the name of my folder slug and whatnot. The folder/dropdown title is clickable on desktop and goes to the assigned link, while it isn't clickable on mobile (it opens the folder as usual in the mobile menu). Will do more testing, but so far looks good.

Still no luck on the underlining of links in the folders though, but that's a different problem and maybe much more convoluted to solve. I've opened a ticket with Squarespace about that specifically, so I'll see what they say.

Thanks again.

I think I was searching for "dropdown" instead of "folder". But anyway, thanks for pointing me to it.

SS recently changed the term they use from folder to dropdown in the editor. Older posts and code will refer to folder.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.