My domain without www is still showing the Squarespace Default under construction page

Hey hi everyone,

Since I bought my domain with Squarespace and trying to connect with Google Sites platform, apprently the connection was successful but just with the domain using the complete structure, www.domainname.com. However, when I try to acccess to the same domain without the www, is still displayingf the same default coming soon page by squarspace, for some reason is not redirecting or using the connection to update the current Google Site data.

I have tried many things, such as delete and restoring all de default setting, adding the four DNS domains, following some squarespace documentation  ( DNS records for connecting third-party domains  or Connecting your Squarespace domain to a Google Sites site ) or enable/disable the toggle button to force the use of www in the main domain dashboard, and nothing works.  Have any of you had this same situation?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

My domain was transferred from Google Domains. Today May 1,  I cannot reach my website I see a black photo from Squarespace  with my domain name without the www and a message:

We are under construction. Please check back for an update soon

It sounds like the domain is pointing to Squarespace, which means you'll need to edit the DNS records to point the domain to the correct site.

If you see a "Squarespace Defaults" section in the DNS settings, removing this section (and all fo the DNS records it includes) will disconnect the domain from Squarespace. Then you can add the DNS records that point to the correct site. Squarespace has some guidance for adding and removing DNS records: Accessing your Squarespace-managed domain's DNS settings

If you share your domain, as well as the site it should point to, we can give more specific advice.

On 5/2/2024 at 12:20 PM, PixelSoda said:

It sounds like the domain is pointing to Squarespace, which means you'll need to edit the DNS records to point the domain to the correct site.

If you see a "Squarespace Defaults" section in the DNS settings, removing this section (and all fo the DNS records it includes) will disconnect the domain from Squarespace. Then you can add the DNS records that point to the correct site. Squarespace has some guidance for adding and removing DNS records: Accessing your Squarespace-managed domain's DNS settings

If you share your domain, as well as the site it should point to, we can give more specific advice.

I'm having OP's issue. I deleted all of the defaults, and my only two records point to my google site. Using WWW. works, not using it brings me to the under construction page.