Created a "new" site for a redesign, but unsure how to transfer the existing Acuity from the old design to the new design

Go to solution Solved by sayreambrosio,

When planning my website redesign, I discovered that the best way was to sign up for a "new" site, build it, then transfer the domain.

The trouble is that my existing "old" site has Acuity scheduling integrated with lots of meeting types and other customization, and I can't find any way to transfer it -- exactly as is -- to the "new" site once it's built.

• Solution
2 hours ago, Pixeltender said:

When planning my website redesign, I discovered that the best way was to sign up for a "new" site, build it, then transfer the domain.

The trouble is that my existing "old" site has Acuity scheduling integrated with lots of meeting types and other customization, and I can't find any way to transfer it -- exactly as is -- to the "new" site once it's built.

This is my response for moving from 7.0 to 7.1 but can be done when moving to a new site as well. There isn't a way to automatically transfer Acuity from one site to another.

As far as I know, you can’t transfer the acuity account to the 7.1 account. If somebody sees this and knows how to do it, please add the info.

What I did when I moved over to 7.1 was when the site was done I went ahead and clicked on the Scheduling tab on the new site which will start a new trial. I copied everything over and then I went in and changed the scheduling, link custom URLs on the old account to something random , and changed the random ones on the new account to what I needed them to be with the custom URLs. 

It's important that you have the right URLs on the active Scheduling account before you delete the old site if you're going to. I did not do that, and it was a headache to fix.

On 3/21/2024 at 6:17 PM, sayreambrosio said:

This is my response for moving from 7.0 to 7.1 but can be done when moving to a new site as well. There isn't a way to automatically transfer Acuity from one site to another.

Thank you so much! That sure wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but the heads up about setting up the URLs properly was much appreciated.