Building industry-specific websites with Becca Harpain

We're teaming up with Circle member Becca Harpain ( @inside_the_square) to bring you a new series on the Squarespace Forum dedicated to empowering you with the knowledge and insights needed to build industry-specific websites on Squarespace. Whether you’re a seasoned Squarespace user, a budding entrepreneur exploring website creation, or someone keen on maximizing the potential of this versatile platform, this series is for you. 

What to expect
In an era where every business, big or small, needs a compelling online presence, understanding the nuances of different industries can make all the difference. Each sector comes with its own set of challenges, opportunities, and unique characteristics that should be reflected in its online representation.

Becca will be providing her insights on how to make the most of your Squarespace website for specific industries over the next few months. 

Who is Becca Harpain?
A Squarespace designer turned educator, Becca Harpain is the creator of the world's largest collection of Squarespace CSS tutorials - InsideTheSquare.co. Every week, you can tune into her YouTube channel to discover new ways to make your Squarespace website unique. When she's not creating content for the Squarespace community, you can find her running, hiking, and backpacking her way across the trails in the Pacific Northwest.

How to participate
Please reply to this topic with any industry suggestions! If you see any suggestions in the comments you want to see addressed, simply like the comment. We’ll be selecting 5 suggestions to address in this series.

• 2 weeks later...

These are all great - thank you, everyone!! I posted this question to my YouTube community and got some great responses there that I wanted to add here: 

• Legal and accounting! These are often just brochure sites, with contact information.
  • Local clubs and societies, which often don’t have much money but need a site. 
  • Food retail / restaurants (that have POS)
  • Non-profits
  • Franchises

🤓 Creator of InsideTheSquare.co
SQUARESPACE CIRCLE LEADER SQUARESPACE EXPERT SQUARESPACE EMPLOYEE EDUCATOR CERTIFIED CUSTOM CODE EXPERT

🗺️ New to Squarespace? Get your free roadmap: insidethesquare.co/roadmap
🙋‍♀️ New to CSS? Learn the basics for free: insidethesquare.co/learn
️ Ready to go pro? Get my custom code collection: insidethesquare.co/css

BeccaHarpain.gif.236d6ddd88c7d637645b762799f501a8.gif

I got a few more ideas from my Instagram fam today (here's a link to my profile if you wanna join the fun)

• martial arts
  • authors (writers & poets)
  • medi spas
  • corporate events
  • catering
  • weddings

SQUARESPACE CIRCLE LEADER SQUARESPACE EXPERT SQUARESPACE EMPLOYEE EDUCATOR CERTIFIED CUSTOM CODE EXPERT

online dealer of antiques/vintage  design furniture. 

Need a better PLP layout (categories with generic images )  "like a mega menu"  and in the PDP : possibility to have a wishlist button instead of the add-to-cart for items of high value for which nor prices display nor real checkout function is sought  (offline needs : customized transport quotation to be sent first to the client adn this latter will to "bargain " the price + requirements of selling to trusted buyers (identity check)  due to anti-money laundering rules applying to the antiques dealer - at least here in Europe). 

Hey everyone! Thank you so much or all of your suggestions. 🥰
There are so many good ideas on this thread!!! I stared with musicians, and have restaurants & authors next on my list, with 4 other ideas for lined up after that.

Please keep suggesting topics for me, and give this post a little love if you like my writing style: