Unindexed pages on my website

I'm trying to improve the Seo on my website, added most of the texts, texts on images, H1 tags and finally started a blog to improve inside links, add more picture and more key words. I did sitemap and added it to google console.  I understand google needs time, but I just received email from google console that there are updates and no page from 'the blog' is indexed - it says 'discovered, not indexed' . Anyone has ideas of what should I do?

unindex.JPG

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi - @MarieD,

I am happy to help! The "discovered, not indexed" notification usually means that Google has crawled your blog pages but hasn't indexed them yet. Below, I've provided some potential insights that might be helpful:

After submitting the indexing request, you can verify whether Google has indexed your page. If you find that your blogs are still not indexed, here are some additional insights to consider:

• Focus on Quality Content: Ensure your blog content is high-quality, valuable, and relevant to your target audience. Google prioritizes content that provides real value to users.
  • Internal Linking: Keep internally linking your blog posts to other relevant pages on your website. Internal linking helps Google discover and index your content more efficiently.
  • Implement Schema Data Markup: You can add schema to your blog post. This can enhance the visibility of your pages in search results.
    • For example: FAQ schema, Article Schema, Arthur Schema.
  • Remember that indexing can take time, especially for new content. Keep an eye on your Google Search Console regularly for updates on indexing status and continue optimizing your website for better visibility.
  • You will find the full Squarespace SEO checklist here and If you prefer to receive personalized recommendations on your website, check out SEOSpace.

I hope these insights are helpful. If you have any further questions. Please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Sadul Sifat.

SEOSpace Team

SEOSpace - The SEO Plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co/squarespace-seo-audit-score

seospace-logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @MarieD If you've improved the content, submit the URL to Google for a crawl. They likely just haven't been back to crawl the page in a while. If they still don't like it, then you need to keep working on it. 

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014