How to restrict shipping zones - allowing regional shipping options only

Hello Squarespace Forum,

hoping for guidance on a client e-commerce project, offering products available for delivery to specified Shipping Zones only - e.g. tiered flat shipping rates in California only.

With the current settings for Shipping Options, it looks like orders can also be placed from out-of-state, and unfortunately these are even quoted a shipping rate of $0.

Can this be avoided? We would rather restrict orders to the defined Shipping Options/ZIP code ranges only - is this a possibility?

• Replies 3
  • Views 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you @cami_leisk, this is helpful, but what if we want to offer shipping to these state specified Shipping Zones only - and NOT allow orders to ship to any non-specified Shipping Zone.

For now the system allows for these out-of-state orders = quoting $0 as shipping fee.

I see - your issue is that it is quoting $0.
Even though it is showing $0, it wont allow checkout if the specified state is not included in your shipping options. I just tested this by removing RI from my shipping options and then trying to check out with that state. An error message pops up - see attached. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 11.36.48 AM.png