Unable to add subscriber to mailing list

Hi,

I'm having an issue when trying to add new contacts to my mailing list. - An error comes up "something went wrong'

I have refreshed the browser, and cleared browsing data to see if that helped, but it hasn't. I first noticed the issue last week, my computer has been off over the weekend so restarted and still the same issue. Any thoughts/advice much appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 12.23.22.png

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pantalon_Distro said:

How does this work in terms of getting a response from Squarespace? Are they active in these forums responding to issues?

This is a peer-to-peer forum where Squarespace users help other users. Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track bug reports (see the guidelines - item 7).

To report the issue to Squarespace contact Squarespace Customer Support using a support ticket.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Hi!

SOLVED? (for now)

I have been having the same problem. I have been using Google Chrome (Chrome book- has issues anyway) BUT I was able to add the CSV on my phone by logging into Squarespace on a browser there. No issues and uploaded immediately. I needed this today so I am glad it worked. 

It seems like it's a problem with Chrome. I also ran through the troubleshooting points that Squarespace sent me https://support.squarespace.com/hc/articles/115004581087 but didn't seem to help.

I could add a subscriber if i log in via Safari rather than chrome.

having reported that back to squarespace they replied: After further review, we're currently investigating an issue with not being able to manually add and import contacts. We’ve noted your report with our Engineering and Design teams for review. They’ll use this feedback when creating fixes and improvements for future releases.

There are many variables that we need to test against before we can make changes, and we can’t guarantee changes for this issue in the immediate future. That said, our teams consider all feedback, and your input is always encouraged.

For now, occasionally, we've seen from other users that using a different browser can resolve the issue, but this doesn’t consistently resolve the behavior.

So, I guess it's an issue they know about, which may or may not get fixed at some point....?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - i have had this problem, and when inspecting the source i discovered that the issue was cookie related. I enabled the cookie bar and it sorted the problem... 

It works if you select 'opt-in' banner type, 'disable cookie analytics' off, and activity log on. You can change it back after they're in the database if needed.

Edited by lydia1
  • 5 weeks later...

I've contacted the Live Chat Help people as I am still having trouble uploading subscribers and they advised me to try through an Incognito Page as Chrome runs some browser extensions that can affect things. It worked, so has solved the problem for today. They sent me a link to disable browser extensions so I'll try that and keep my fingers crossed. 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206545197-Disabling-browser-extensions

if it worked in an incognito page then you need to clear your cached!!!! i had this same issue on NASM, a website to get personal trainer certification. once clearing cached and then shutting down the internet program and restarting it, it worked. clearing cached should clear all cookies and stuff so be sure to remember your passwords. :)