I appreciate constructive criticism

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The website arrowserviceteam.com has a fantastic amount of content. The biggest issue I see is your content/background overflows the border on a desktop screen (imac 27 inch). When I Google arrowserviceteam.com on a smart phone it doesn't land on your desktop homepage. Maybe that's intentional. Good job with the great consumer information... you might want to consider less is better because there's so much content that is almost overwhelming. Some people would love to have that problem.

But again, the Home page needs to be resized/tweaked to fit in the parameters of a desktop screen. It may be shifting in Fluid Engine. Not absolutely sure since my own site is still in 7.0.

Lastly, if you are going to use an image in the header/banner area (png) be sure it's high res. I attached the issue here... some of the words are cut off and it's pixelated a bit. Not sure if again it's a SQSP template issue or not. But there's definitely a problem with that png file. Hope that helps you.

Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 5.24.45 PM.png

Hi @codyarrow!

You can remove "home" from the top navigation because your logo will take people back to the home page.

You might want to specify the areas of North Dakota in the top section that y'all work with (unless you actually cover the entire state).

Make sure the buttons are consistent throughout... the "24/7 call today" is different than the others.

The logo is on the home page a LOT! I counted 5 times... while brand recognition is important, I think it might be a bit overkill on this page 🙂

I expected the images in the fire damage, water damage, etc section would take me to a page about that specific thing, but instead it just opened up the image. If it's not going to go to a new page, then I would remove the hyperlink. There's no benefit to clicking the image. Also I would probably put the images in the same order as the icons that are listed above it.

I would also rework the blog layout so that it's easier for people to find what they want. Also the image in the top section is cut off.

The social media icons in the footer are too dark to see.

Hyperlink the email address in the footer.

I'm confused... the header image says "north dakota", but the footer says north and south dakota...  sooo, why wouldn't you include "south dakota" in the header image as well?

Overall, I think you have some good information on the site (like the before/after jobs), but it's just a matter of laying it out so that the pages keep people engaged and convert them into clients. Right now the amount of information and dropdowns in the header navigation feels a little overwhelming.

Jessica Miller | Squarespace Website Designer
https://www.jessicamiller.work
jessica@jessicamiller.work

Search the blog and get weekly Squarespace tips to your inbox
https://www.jessicamiller.work/blog

Want to pick my brain or get help? Book a free 15 minute call.