Blog Post Formatting Help

Hi - I'm getting to launch the first blog for a new site - coachescooperative.org, and I'm looking for some ideas as to how to format posts. Specifically, I'm looking to add a section below the main blog post - OR - below the bio information that would allow me to include a "for more information," which would be a space where we could recommend additional resources or if the post were sponsored to offer a space for ad-placement. 

Any thoughts or ideas as to how I could go about this?  

Thanks so much for any help!  

♡Kate

Hi,

This will be same for all blog posts (all blog post will have a section with same info). If same, you can add a section in Site Footer, then we can use code to move it to all blog posts

Or 

each blog post will have a different info? If different, you will need to use a custom plugin + some code to achieve this. You can consider

• Related Posts Plugin - Will add some related posts under blog post
  • Section Loader Supreme (this will require extra code to add to blog post). With this plugin, you will create some pages in Not Linked, then use some code, you can add these pages to blog post, each post you can use a not linked page content.

You can consider, depending on the option you choose, I can provide more detailed information for the next steps to implement it.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hi - thanks so much for your reply!  After formatting a few blog posts - here's what I think would work best. 

First choice is that below the bio for each blog post, I'd like a section where I can add in a button to subscribe to the newsletter and and another to join the community. 

Also, below the author's name I would love to be able to showcase other articles they've published on our site and/or articles that are related.  Here's a sample blog post... 

https://www.coachescooperative.org/blog-main/post-foundations-of-mentorship-1

So, if you look right below the article content I've added in the "join the community," I'd like to move this below the author's name.  And then below that would be related articles, etc. 

Let me know if this helps with what the best solution would be. 

And I'm also comfortable that these would be settings that would apply to all blog posts. 

On 2/1/2024 at 1:36 AM, cupkate said:

Hi - thanks so much for your reply!  After formatting a few blog posts - here's what I think would work best. 

First choice is that below the bio for each blog post, I'd like a section where I can add in a button to subscribe to the newsletter and and another to join the community. 

Also, below the author's name I would love to be able to showcase other articles they've published on our site and/or articles that are related.  Here's a sample blog post... 

https://www.coachescooperative.org/blog-main/post-foundations-of-mentorship-1

So, if you look right below the article content I've added in the "join the community," I'd like to move this below the author's name.  And then below that would be related articles, etc. 

Let me know if this helps with what the best solution would be. 

And I'm also comfortable that these would be settings that would apply to all blog posts. 

The url doesn't work. Can you check it again?

Or send to forum message

To move this under author bio box

image.thumb.png.5f09c9d7c922c47ce71f968a316fd837.png

you can use this code to Website > Website Tools (under Not Linked) > Code Injection > Footer

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.7.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
  jQuery(document).ready(function($){
  $('div#block-d5afaa078c08e61bbfbe+.row+.row').insertAfter('.author-bio');
})
</script>
<style>
  .author-bio+.row {
    width: 100% !important;
}
</style>

image.thumb.png.625bc9c536365fa471c05dee68104ab7.png

However if you want to do this for all blog posts, you should

(1) Add it to Site Footer, I will give code to move it under bio box on all blog posts

OR 

(2) Add it to a Not Linked Page, I will give code to move it under bio box on all blog posts (but this option will require a custom plugin)

Or send to forum message

Hi!  Thank you so much for your help! 

I tried to use this code - here's where I added it and it didn't have any change to the blog post page (attached screenshot). I'm wondering if it's better to add it as a site footer but ONLY on blog posts? And also, I'm curious about the plugin i could use?  I've authors who would like to include their LinkedIn and other social links?  Is this also possible. 

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 9.48.12 AM.png

On 2/11/2024 at 12:57 AM, tuanphan said:

I do see it worked on that one - I had to clear my browsing history to see that change - I like this - however - when I look at this post (after I cleared history) I'm not seeing the change. is there something I'm not doing correctly?

https://www.coachescooperative.org/blog-main/post-green-wood-dragon-mastery

Or send to forum message