SEO text doesn't appear in SERP

Hi everyone

I have had this problem for a while now:

I have set the text that I want to appear on Google, but it doesn't show up like this (See screeenshots)

What am I doing wrong here? 

Help much appreciated!

Best, 

Samuel 

image.thumb.png.8b8ba58cd470acfba9e322e321faa5d3.pngimage.thumb.png.5c8664867ec660092a71ec470053f103.png

Hi @Samdidam what is it showing vs what do you expect to see? As far as I can tell, it is doing what you've asked it to do, i.e. you've asked SEO to show your site title %s

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

@Samdidam Based on your screenshots above the question looks to be about the meta description.

Currently the description is set to "Erste Schritte mit KI - aiolo unterstützt KMU in der Schweiz, Einsatzmöglichkeiten für KI zu finden und umzusetzen."

Your screenshot of Google SERP shows the site's nav/address, but what I see displayed in Google is: "Wandel von externen Inhalten wie Newsletter, YouTube Videos und Blogs zu Text- und Bild-Content für mehrere Kanäle." This text is found on the Homepage. 

Google likely crawled the page before you'd written a description. Tighten up the meta if needed and ask Google to re-crawl the page.

See Google's help info regarding meta descriptions"Google will sometimes use the <meta name="description"> tag from a page to generate a snippet in search results, if we think it gives users a more accurate description than would be possible purely from the on-page content."

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

You need to override that %s with the custom text you want to be your Browser Title for your Homepage. Keep in mind that Google is getting pretty bad at changing browser titles (and meta descriptions) to what it thinks is best for the user's search query. So if you notice the browser title changes at times on the SERP, it's Google changing it.