Make Gallery Slideshow fill full height of section

Hello SquareSpace people, I'm trying to make a full width, full section height slideshow/carousel by two methods, more than happy to take advice on which direction is best. For comparison purposes they are right next to each other for now.

Password is: cruz17816

1. I have a Gallery Slideshow that resizes inconsistently and makes awkward empty areas. I need it to be full section height at all times. Refuses to the last row in the section container. I am assuming it doesn't default to full height to keep room for the hidden thumbnail preview option.

2. I attempted to solve these issues with a Banner Slideshow, but not being able to put other blocks of content over it is a bit of deal breaker.

I prefer the Gallery Slideshow direction, because I can put other elements over it, like the placeholder text box, and the dissolve animation is better than literally moving of images. I prefer the Banner Slideshow because it simply works, reliably resizes/responsive, and the button styling (if anyone knows how to make the circles into squares let me know).

Any suggestions welcome.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/16/2024 at 3:17 PM, fletch77 said:

How easy is it to change the location of that text, possible putting it inside a custom shape, similar to how I do in the GallerySlideShow?

How Shape? Do you have an image? I can imagine it easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

The text is "Pioneering Progress, Empowering Communities" broken into two lines at the comma.

I'd like it to be a constant text rather than change with every slide, like a title, so I assume it should be a title, but we somehow have to move the title to sitover the image rather than sit above it.