would like product description to be under image gallery

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

i would like to mimic my current website by having the product info below my images. is there a way to move the 'additional info' block above? or css to make width of gallery 100% and push product detail below? i know there is an option to have gallery above but the orientation is still wrong - i am open to this though. any help formatting for a similar look appreciated!

current website: https://samaralouwillis.com/Big-Bow-Bag-in-Red / 

• Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, helpmepls said:

i would like to mimic my current website by having the product info below my images. is there a way to move the 'additional info' block above? or css to make width of gallery 100% and push product detail below?

I couldn't view your Squarespace site to check the version (the URL is never included so needs to be included in the public part of the post). That said, if you are using the latest version of Squarespace (version 7.1), then you achieve a similar layout to your old Backdrop site by setting the Product Detail Page Layout to "Full". This will display product images in a full-bleed carousel above the description and other content.

This guide explains the steps required to select a Layout.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

https://daffodil-papaya-w55h.squarespace.com/ my squarespace site, I thought it would be included by deafult

I did acknowledge I was aware of this option, but I'm not happy with how it looks at all - I mentioned above I'm open to exploring this. My issue is the cropped images and no options for aligning the text/ any customisation on this layout. If you have a fix for making the 'full layout' photos not cropped that could work maybe? 

• Solution
13 minutes ago, helpmepls said:

If you have a fix for making the 'full layout' photos not cropped that could work maybe? 

By default, the Full layout is designed for a "full bleed" design where the images are edge-to-edge. As websites are "responsive" and must adapt to different sized browsers and displays, product images are set to "cover" the area so they remain full width at all resolutions. Personally, I prefer them this way but, if you would prefer to have whitespace at wider resolutions so that images are "contained", you can achieve this with some custom CSS. For example:

image.thumb.gif.caed4d1067e7c4e4052401761e640d46.gif

img.pdp-gallery-slides-image { 
  object-fit: contain!important;
}

Does this help?

Please give feedback by clicking one of the icons below!  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.