Can I have a Banner Slideshow with different Images (like Image Blocks) INSTEAD of having the Image in the Background?

Hi there,

I'm just redesigning my site on 7.1 after moving from 7.0... love it so far.

However I'd love a section on my main page, a bit like a Banner slideshow. It will be to describe 3 different 'modules' of my course, with the Title, then some text description, and a button at the bottom.

The closes thing I can find to this is what I believe is called a Banner Slideshow, and I can access this by inserting a section and then 'Portfolios' and selecting the following section:

image.png.b0b91f51f5c739b17e34a99d3eeab6ca.png

However with this, whilst I can edit the Title and Descriptive text for each slide of the section, and there is a button at the bottom, it seems I am only able to have the large full background image, but what I would like is no background at all, but more like an 'Image Block' style image for each slide, probably at the very bottom of each slide (under the button).

Is there any way I can do this? I've tried looking but haven't had any success so far. It seems like it would be a fantastic feature if Squarespace allowed us more flexibility with each slide (e.g. being able to add and move blocks to each slide). Am I missing something is there a different section I can add that would allow me to do this?

Alternatively, can anyone help out with any code to achieve a similar thing? The main thing it seems would be to just allow a different image for each slide that just doesn't take up the whole background.

Thanks for any help 🙂

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just produced a pic which I think shows more what I'm looking for... I've removed the background and have inserted an image. Note the image would be different for the 3 different slides, but appearing under the title seems to work well.

image.png.39c1f61f4013eb741ce7508b573926f5.png

If anyone has any workarounds that would be increddddible.

PS - importantly would also need to be Mobile compatible

Many thanks