cannot adjust block and section height adequately

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi @autismpsychology is that a text block or a code block? If text block, check there are no unwanted newlines. 

Do please share your website url and the location of the issue so the community can check and see if we can help. 

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)

• Solution
16 hours ago, autismpsychology said:

When I try to [reduce] the height of the block a red line runs along the bottom of the block.

When the bottom line turns red, this is indicating that you've reached the limit for reducing the height of the block, due to the size of the content. You'll need to edit the contents of the block, to reduce the block height further.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

https://bamboo-lizard-tfbs.squarespace.com/

password is Help!

my workaround is to save sections that don't have large spaces at the end, and paste them in then add my content to those. However, I'd really like to know how to reduce the blank spaces properly.

if you look at the page 'dr addie' and the section 'understanding autism in the courts of law' that is an example of the problem 

thanks for you help, everyone - much appreciated

On 12/17/2023 at 11:31 AM, melody495 said:

Hi @autismpsychology is that a text block or a code block? If text block, check there are no unwanted newlines. 

Do please share your website url and the location of the issue so the community can check and see if we can help. 

password is Help!

my workaround is to save sections that don't have large spaces at the end, and paste them in then add my content to those. However, I'd really like to know how to reduce the blank spaces properly.

if you look at the page 'dr addie' and the section 'understanding autism in the courts of law' that is an example of the problem 

On 12/17/2023 at 1:59 PM, paul2009 said:

When the bottom line turns red, this is indicating that you've reached the limit for reducing the height of the block, due to the size of the content. You'll need to edit the contents of the block, to reduce the block height further.

password is Help!

50 minutes ago, autismpsychology said:

In your example, there are three empty paragraphs below the last line of text (after the word "Therapy".)

If you delete these, the bottom of the section should move up to remove the empty space. If it doesn't, check the Section Height in the Edit Section panel.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

26 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

In your example, there are three empty paragraphs below the last line of text (after the word "Therapy".)

If you delete these, the bottom of the section should move up to remove the empty space. If it doesn't, check the Section Height in the Edit Section panel.

this worked! thank you. I will try it in the other areas that have been causing me a headache. much appreciated

• 7 months later...
On 12/18/2023 at 12:59 AM, paul2009 said:

Your reply really solved the issue
Thanks

Edited by Malikaaftab