Feedback on my New Website OceanviewResumes.com Appreciated Please!

Hi all and Happy Holidays!

I am not a website designer and new to squarespace. I added my content to hopefully get suggestions for improvement. I am a 5x certified resume writer and am looking for comments and suggestions for improving the site. I am hoping to use the project and digital products to upload/download client resume files.

One problem is the checkout wants payment right away and I wanted to wait until end of project and pay on squarespace. Which is best for using digital document exchange? Store, Projects or Digital Products/Paywall? I have this as well in business startup plan. 

I really appreciate your time looking this over. 

https://www.oceanviewresumes.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @Paulina12!

First off, the pop up should say "Start the new year off right", not "write" 🙂

I would make the pop up colors/font match the branding on your site too.

The header text overlaying the rest of the page once you start scrolling makes things really hard to read. I'm not sure the video is the best choice too... videos can slow down the page load.

Instead of the FAQ circle, I would make that button whatever action you want people to take the most - whether it's contact, set up an appointment, etc.

All external links (like the "ordinary to extraordinary overnight" image) need to open up a new tab.

The page feels a bit text-heavy... I recommend using 2 contrasting fonts that work well together for headings/paragraphs, and using colors, sections, bullet points, etc to break the font up so that it's more likely to get read.

Having 5 columns for the Classic Designs section feels a little cramped and hard to read the text. You could lay it out horizontally instead of vertically to give you more room for each one. Also, check out this section because it starts to scroll left/right but gets hung. It shouldn't move at all.

Be sure the spacing is consistent throughout the page. There's a lot of space between the bullet points and "reimagine your career", but then not much space between the Jobscan form and the "let's work together" form.

Buttons should all be consistent too... right now some are round and some are square.

I would take off all of the Christmas stuff. It's fine to mention Christmas somewhere on the page, but to have it interspersed throughout the whole page looks unprofessional.

It's great that you have the certifications at the bottom... you may want to move them up to a higher section on the page to establish credibility earlier.

Look at the URL names for the FAQ's and Blog. Should be /faqs instead of /faqs-12.

I would use accordion blocks for the FAQ page. That will also help the text to not be so small.

Let me know if you have questions about anything....happy to discuss in more detail 🙂

Jessica

Jessica Miller | Squarespace Website Designer
https://www.jessicamiller.work
jessica@jessicamiller.work

Search the blog and get weekly Squarespace tips to your inbox
https://www.jessicamiller.work/blog

Want to pick my brain or get help? Book a free 15 minute call.