Clients cannot remove item or change quantities at checkout

Hello,

I have quite an urgent issue as it prevents my clients from ordering : the button "remove" from the cart/checkout page disappeared.

The color version is what the checkout page should look like and used to looked like, but now it's this black and white page on which the "remove" button is absent. So if a client added by mistakes two times an item to the cart, they cannot order anymore as they can't remove it !

Additionally, the "cart" icon that appears when a product is in the cart has disappeared from the website, meaning that they have to add again an item in the cart to go to the checkout page. And if there was already an item they can't remove it...

This is an issue only on the desktop as the checkout out page has a remove option on mobile. (and the correct colors)

I would be so grateful if anyone can help with this issue.

checkout.png

checkout 2.png

Edited by ColineDoe
On 11/18/2023 at 9:01 PM, ColineDoe said:

Clients cannot remove item or change quantities at checkout. Additionally, the "cart" icon that appears when a product is in the cart has disappeared from the website, meaning that they have to add again an item in the cart to go to the checkout page.

Your customer is seeing a new checkout experience that Squarespace are currently testing. Unfortunately, they have not designed this new experience to take account of Express checkout and so there isn't an option to remove items.

Please report this to Customer Support. As a workaround, customers can visit the hidden /cart page to delete items.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I was using the express checkout, so this page wasn't available! I just deactivated the express checkout so they can have the cart, but I would have preferred keeping the express checkout, like it was before.

You see the cart icon displayed? On mine it disappear, when I start browsing the website.

On 11/18/2023 at 9:59 PM, ColineDoe said:

I was using the express checkout, so this page wasn't available!

Yes, disabling Express Checkout is another workaround.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Though before even with express checkout people could remove items at the checkout page and they could see the cart icon!

Now, I can't use the express checkout without creating UX issues for my clients. 

Additionally, the cart icon doesn't appear reliably whatever the express checkout is enabled or not.

Squarespace are in the process of rolling out a new checkout experience. If something isn't working as expected, please reach out to Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care. Forum users would love to help but we are unable to assist with technical issues. 

8 minutes ago, EliseC said:

Any timeline on the fix? 

Hey @EliseC. Are you still seeing this? I'm told the test has ended.

Edited by paul2009