• Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Solution

Hey @LindsEli!

It seems your button has a transparent background. I am not sure if that is the result of your theme styles or custom css and if there is a way to adjust that there to fix it.

If you want to go the code override route, here is some code that should fix it, but make sure it doesn't negatively affect other pages.

button.newsletter-form-button.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary {
    background-color: white !important;
}
button.newsletter-form-button.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary:hover {
    color: black !important;
}

(In case you weren't sure how to add custom CSS: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206545567-Using-the-CSS-Editor)

The repetitiveness/length of the selectors are to override the other class which already has high specificity/priority. 

You can change the color from black to whatever you want. That is the color of the button text when you hover over it.

Regarding the pop up suggestion you made. I couldn't find an easy way to do it with the newsletter block. But I know you can do that with the form block by adding a form, then on the design tab of the block options, toggling "Lightbox".

Hope that helps!

Daniel Rodrigues | Excito LLC
Squarespace Web Design for Photographers & Creatives
🌐 https://www.excitollc.com/ | ✉ Contact Me: daniel@excitollc.com
💡 Squarespace Enthusiast | 📖 Squarespace Design Blog for Photographers
🤝 Always happy to help and collaborate! Connect with me on LinkedIn.

6 minutes ago, Inspirerd said:

Hey @LindsEli!

It seems your button has a transparent background. I am not sure if that is the result of your theme styles or custom css and if there is a way to adjust that there to fix it.

If you want to go the code override route, here is some code that should fix it, but make sure it doesn't negatively affect other pages.

button.newsletter-form-button.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary {
    background-color: white !important;
}
button.newsletter-form-button.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary.sqs-button-element--primary:hover {
    color: black !important;
}

(In case you weren't sure how to add custom CSS: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206545567-Using-the-CSS-Editor)

The repetitiveness/length of the selectors are to override the other class which already has high specificity/priority. 

You can change the color from black to whatever you want. That is the color of the button text when you hover over it.

Regarding the pop up suggestion you made. I couldn't find an easy way to do it with the newsletter block. But I know you can do that with the form block by adding a form, then on the design tab of the block options, toggling "Lightbox".

Hope that helps!

thank you so much! I was able to modify for exactly what I needed!