Redirect for /search to a different page doens't work, any suggestions?

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Hi team,

As you many know the search function of Squarespace isn't working properly and a lot of content is not found. I've created a page and added a Google search that works much better (we are working on getting the non-profit account setup, so ads will be eliminated). As the page is for disabiity, I wanted to redirect the /search to /search-site, but sadly it's not working. Is there a way we can force a redirect, or am I doing something incorrect?

This is the redirect I've added into the URL mapping page: /search -> /search-site 301

This is the page: https://www.ccsdisabilityaction.org.nz/

Any suggestion are hightly appreciated.

Thank you!!

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

I wanted to redirect the /search to /search-site, but sadly it's not working. Is there a way we can force a redirect, or am I doing something incorrect?

The reason URL Mapping doesn't work is that feature is only for redirecting URLs that don't exist on your site. /search being a built-in SS page, can't be removed.

So you are left with @tuanphan's suggestion to use my /cart redirect code and change the path to /search.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...