Request for Assistance - Configuring Different Tax Rates for Products EU

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me with an important tax-related issue. I’m managing a shop on Squarespace, and I need to configure different tax rates for each product because we operate in the European Union, and the law requires this level of customization.

I’ve tried searching through Squarespace settings, but it seems that the platform only supports global tax rates for the entire shop. This configuration doesn’t meet the specific tax requirements for EU countries.

I’m wondering if anyone here has experience with setting up differentiated tax rates for specific products on Squarespace. Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Jeanne

IT:

Salve a tutti,

Spero che qualcuno possa aiutarmi con una questione fiscale importante. Sto gestendo uno shop su Squarespace e ho la necessità di configurare tassi d’imposta diversi per ciascun prodotto, poiché operiamo in Unione Europea e la legge richiede questa personalizzazione.

Ho provato a cercare nelle impostazioni di Squarespace, ma sembra che la piattaforma supporti solo tassi d’imposta globali per l’intero shop. Questa configurazione non soddisfa i requisiti fiscali specifici dei paesi dell’UE.

Chiedo, quindi, se qualcuno qui ha esperienza nella gestione di tassi d’imposta differenziati per prodotti specifici su Squarespace. Qualsiasi suggerimento o soluzione sarebbe molto apprezzato.

Grazie in anticipo per il vostro aiuto.

Cordiali saluti,

Jeanne

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Jeanne17 said:

I need to configure different tax rates for each product because we operate in the European Union, and the law requires this level of customization.

@Jeanne17 Can you add some additional details? I'm not clear if you want to vary the VAT rates for different products or for different countries. A working link to the site and some details of the country you are trading from and to, will help.

If it helps, I posted details of some of the Commerce limitations in this post.

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

ok so it's for internal business IT, in Italy we have 3 different VAT rates 4, 10, 22%;

for bread 4%

for drinks 10% 

for other product 22%

my shop will have meat, bread, and other products and our catalog is full with goods at different tax rates because of different product category.

that's the primary concern 

thanks for your reply

Unfortunately, Squarespace cannot be used when VAT rates differ between products. On Squarespace, products cannot have different sales tax/VAT rates.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

3 minutes ago, Jeanne17 said:

not even an extension would help?

Correct. Squarespace does not provide this level of control, even with code or extensions. If you need this feature, you'll need to explore other e-commerce platforms that allow a higher degree of customisation, but are consequently more complex to configure. I wish there were better news.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

It isn't possible to transfer the design, but products can be exported to a CSV file to allow them to be imported elsewhere.