AfterPay

Hi!

Has anyone ever experienced an issue with afterpay? 

I recently switched from Stripe to Squarespace Payment and turned on AfterPay. The customer had first two failed attempts to make a purchase, which I saw. Then the third one said pending. No order number or anything because it was pending payment. However, the customer showed me that she had made her first payment to AfterPay already and I did reach out to SquareSpace help and they advised me to direct the customer to AfterPay since their payment would be through them but AfterPay told her she had to reach out to me. However, there was no way for me to cancel her order since no order was linked to it her pending payment. 

Has anyone had this issue before? Do you know if there is a way to check AfterPay on the merchant side? I felt pretty helpless in trying to help my customer solve her issue.

I've had others use afterpay with no problem, so this was my first issue.

I should also note that I've never used AfterPay so I'm not sure. Maybe it was a glitch?

The customer ended up canceling her order on the AfterPay side to avoid her next payment and SquareSpace notified me of a chargeback since it was considered a dispute on the AfterPay side. I am also worried that that would cause a red flag on my account - it was my first ChargeBack too. 

Just trying to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if the customer was using a standard browser, or using a browser within an app like Instagram? There are known issues with these bespoke browsers within social apps. 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?