SIte moving pages to unlinked menu randomly!

Hello,

My client has been having some pages become unlinked randomly and we’re not sure what is contributing to this error. We also had an issue with the custom fonts reverting to default a while back and I had to fix them with css !important. What could be causing these issues, platform updates or something else? 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cause of these issues is SS bugs or them making changes to the backend.

The font issue was a temporary (supposedly) issue as SS made changes to how fonts were handled in the backend. In theory you shouldn't need the important anymore.

The pages moving around is an SS bug. I've seen it reported a couple of times here on the forum. Please Contact Customer Support and report the issue. You might want to take some screenshots of your Pages layout so if things go wonky you can more easily arrange things again. If you do find some pattern that is reproducible, that manifest the issue, tell SS (and us!).

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 months later...

Hey Legends 

My website randomly takes all the navigation and puts them in the hidden area of the website and all the pages i carefully file away in folders mysteriously move out of the folders into a random mess, has anyone had this before as its costing me money if people cant contact me

Thanks 

Edited by EdBrown
  • Eunice_SQSP changed the title to SIte moving pages to unlinked menu randomly!

Good morning everyone,

I hope someone has seen this before or can offer some assistance regarding what may be happening here. Recently I have noticed that my menu links will disappear at random. When opening the website tab, all pages and links are moved to the "not linked" section. This seems to happen overnight at random. It has happened twice this week with no explanation. I have rebuilt the website each time and saved changes to any pages I adjusted. I have also tested functionality on different browsers to make sure the menu is there, and each time everything looks to be fine. The next morning it is all reset again with no explanation. 

Has anyone seen this before? Is there something I may be missing here? I have been using Squarespace for almost 5 years and have never seen something like this. 

Thank you in advance for your help!  

Hi,

I hope someone can help solve this.
In our site backend, we had a lot of "Not linked" pages neatly sorted into folders. For some reason, all pages have been removed from their folders and were showing in one big long list, instead. The empty folders were also listed.
I re-sorted everything into the folders, which was quite tedious because of the amount of pages... only to come back after a few days to discover that it happened again!

Anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by AndreaK

@AndreaK I saw this happen as a bug last summer on all sites that were being edited at the time the bug struck, but it was fixed pretty quickly and I haven't seen it since. I doubt this is it, but do you have any weird custom code that could be causing it? Any plugins or chrome extensions that change Squarespace? I haven't seen it happen since last summer when it happened the first time, so hopefully it's not happening again.

On 1/22/2024 at 4:03 AM, AndreaK said:

In our site backend, we had a lot of "Not linked" pages neatly sorted into folders. For some reason, all pages have been removed from their folders and were showing in one big long list, instead.

I've seen an increasing number of reports on this issue on the forum.

Some folks are reporting that it seems to happen when you are editing courses.

Please Contact Customer Support and report this issue. Apparently folks have been reporting but SS seems not to be too concerned. Be firm with them that this is not acceptable behaviour.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

2 hours ago, creedon said:

Some folks are reporting that it seems to happen when you are editing courses.

Please Contact Customer Support and report this issue. Apparently folks have been reporting but SS seems not to be too concerned. Be firm with them that this is not acceptable behaviour.

We do not have courses on our site, so I guess it is happening in other situations as well...

Will contact customer support on this, thank you.