How can I add the same flat tax addition to all orders?

From where-ever the order and whatever the products, 20% VAT should be added to the order in checkout. So far I've only figured out setting manual tax but it doesn't seem logical to manually do this for every single country. I just need it to be one value for all.

Thans 

Edited by androoid
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, androoid said:

20% VAT should be added to the order in checkout. I just need it to be one value for all.

There isn't a global setting. If VAT is to be charged, you must add the VAT rate for each country manually.

Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track limitations or feature requests. If you'd like to raise this as a feature request, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 10/6/2023 at 5:56 AM, paul2009 said:

There isn't a global setting. If VAT is to be charged, you must add the VAT rate for each country manually.

Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track limitations or feature requests. If you'd like to raise this as a feature request, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care.

im in the same boat. need to add a flat rate 13% sales tax for Costa Rica for all purchases and not really sure where to go from here. 

2 minutes ago, eddiebe said:

need to add a flat rate 13% sales tax for Costa Rica for all purchases and not really sure where to go from here

Go to Settings > Taxes and under Manual Setup, click Add Rate.

Select Costa Rica from the Country drop-down menu.

image.thumb.png.fd865e4f21c9d8753d32782a8b5b1a6a.png

From there you can enter the tax rate and save your changes.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I think the problem is im not shipping TO Costa Rica im shipping FROM Costa Rica. So to add the Manual tax rate is only adding that rate when I select Costa Rica as the destination of the purchase. There's something wrong here.

How do I add a flat tax rate of 13% collected to all purchases regardless of origin? These are the rates that need to be collected for our CR taxes? What am I getting wrong here? 

11 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Go to Settings > Taxes and under Manual Setup, click Add Rate.

Select Costa Rica from the Country drop-down menu.

image.thumb.png.fd865e4f21c9d8753d32782a8b5b1a6a.png

From there you can enter the tax rate and save your changes.

• 4 months later...