Why can't I add courses to my Squarespace storefront?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am in the same boat here. It's deceptive in how it looks like you can add a digital product (i.e. course) to your store, BUT then it does NOT create that digital product WITHIN the store, but instead as a stand alone page.

Customers want a streamlined shopping experience whether it's physical or digital. Furthermore, they are not likely going to take the course the moment they buy/sign up for it, and would need to go thru the check-out sequence... so why not make it an easy sell in ONE place so it's not so confusing to the customer... 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shoot. I was thinking of using "courses" for my Squarespace template shop. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

I'd love to be able to have multiple "courses" that are filterable the way products are. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am also feeling frustrated by this limitation.  I would like customers that are shopping on my online store, to see courses available to purchase.

Squarespace are you seeing this conversation and are going to respond?  Should we expect this to change in the near future?  I am considering my other course platform options.

My other major limitation is that my students can have a log in, but there is no defined area where I can see the students enrolled in one particular course, and to see where they are at with their course progress and contact them as a group.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm new to Squarespace and so far it has been an amazing upgrade from Wordpress, etc. However, I am a little concerned that their customer service seems non-existent. I sent a request a week ago, no response. And now under this very important topic, also no response!

Has anyone found a solution to this very strange issue? Why would courses not fall under the Shop links? How do we link to the course at all so that people will be able to buy it?

Very confusing that it hasn't been addressed.

On 2/22/2024 at 10:50 AM, julesgilleland said:

What I don't understand is that it is listed in the SHOP add product section, but when you add it it doesn't show up as a product. Super frustrating, it also automatically goes up under my main navigation, which is annoying as it shows up in my menu right away before building! 

That's interesting. For me, it goes under my unlinked pages and doesn't show up on the menu or anywhere else. So I'm unclear on how to structure this. Are we supposed to build a landing page and then somehow link to the course product?