Member Site stuck on paywall page

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty experienced with Squarespace and run 3 websites on this platform. But the Member Area is a new feature for me and it's throwing me for a loop! 

My website event-accom.co.nz is a small-scale holiday home rental site for the town of Gisborne, New Zealand. The password to the site is "gizzyhouses". I appreciate your feedback and help.

I set up a Member Area so that only registered users can see the house listings. It's Free, just need to make an account.

The "Listings" button in main navigation takes users to the paywall page. Once they create an account and log in they should see the Listings page which is essentially a gallery of images, each image linking to a page that is the individual house listing with the photos and details.

Problem is that once logged in it goes nowhere, just sits on the paywall page with no access to the Listings page

I must have missed a step somewhere but can't work it out. Any ideas appreciated!! Thank you 🙂

Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 9.46.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 9.49.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 9.50.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 9.50.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 9.56.42 PM.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @MaraWeissPR

Let's take this step-by-step 🙂.

Below is a summary of the Member Site checklist. Have you followed these steps? In particular steps 5 and 6. 

A Pricing Plan is necessary even when you want access to be 'free' and the Digital Product Block is required to allow visitors to sign up. I couldn't find the sign-up page, so if you have completed these steps, can you point me to the URL?

1. SSL is enabled. [Done]
  2. Enable the 'Member Sites' feature, if not already enabled on your site template. [Done]
  3. Create a member site - Add an initial page to the member site. This first page automatically becomes the homepage for this member site, or the landing page for that member site. [Done]
  4. Add additional member content pages. [Done]
  5. Add a Pricing Plan.
  6. Add a Digital Product Block to create a sign-up page. The Digital Product Block will refer to a pricing plan and allow visitors to sign-up to your member site.
  7. Customise your member site experience. Adjust the member navigation and customer email notifications.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Hi there Paul, thanks so much for your reply I really appreciate.

Thanks for the step-by-step and for marking Done on the ones I have completed.

I believe that I already added a pricing plan. See first screenshot.

Just to clarify, a Digital Block is not a page, is it? It's an element of a page? I created my Sign Up page from a template and the template tells me that the button is a Digital Block.

However it never shows my Sign Up page. It seems to be showing a system generated sign up page which I cannot locate to be able to edit it. The Sign Up page I created is in the 2nd screenshot. I never see this page when accessing the site as a test user although it appears to be set as the home page for my Member Site.

Thanks again for your help. Regards, Mara

Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 10.25.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 10.29.24 AM.png