I want to change the template of my website

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

My client set up her account with the wrong template.  However, in the instructions, it shows I can change the template to the correct one, except in my client's account, she doesn't have the option to do that on the left side menu.  

This template is a 7.1 template.  I want to change it and use the Myhra template.  I think it is a 7.1 template, too.  

image.thumb.png.19dbd92d96da5f4b4df59e70f31bdf87.png

If I try to use that template, it creates a new "trial" version.  The client has already paid for the account.  We are just now starting to build it.  So, no content has been added.  

How can I change the template?  I appreciate anyone's help to get me over this hurdle. 

Edited by LisaCraig
Added key info about the template I want.
  • Replies 9
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution

Please see the following.

Now if you've not added any content to the site it might be worth contacting SS customer support to see if they can manage getting the financials handled.

In the meantime have your client create that trial site with the template they really wanted. Be sure it is under the same account for their current paid site to ease the way. Don't wait to make a possible deal with SS as your trial lasts for only 14 days.

Also when you read instructions on the internet for SS, be sure the instructions are for the version you are using to reduce confusion.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

See also Starting over. As it explains, it is not currently possible to change the template on a Squarespace 7.1 site, or move an existing website subscription from one site to another, so you'll need to cancel the existing subscription and start a new one on the new site.

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

On 7/9/2023 at 10:41 AM, paul2009 said:

See also Starting over. As it explains, it is not possible to change the template on a Squarespace 7.1 site, or move an existing website subscription from one site to another, so you'll need to cancel the existing subscription and start a new one on the new site.

Hello Paul, 

I have a similar problem. I designed a website for a client, the design is done, but he paid the annual subscription in the wrong website from the same account. Is there any way to transfer the design to the paid one? Or is there anything I could do instead of designing everything again? Hope you can help me. Thank you!

I designed a website for a client, the design is done, but he paid the annual subscription in the wrong website from the same account. Is there any way to transfer the design to the paid one? Or is there anything I could do instead of designing everything again? Hope you can help me. Thank you!

Talk to Squarespace Support first. Cancel the subscription, if it was done recently that shouldn't be a problem to get the money back, and pay for the correct one. Please don't waste your time designing everything again, there's no need for that.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
Ⓜ️ 
Will Myers' Plugins & Tutorials (Referral link)
 🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️Pinch-to-Zoom Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

1 hour ago, acastillog said:

I designed a website for a client...but he paid the annual subscription in the wrong website from the same account.

They can cancel their subscription for the wrong site. Squarespace automatically issue a full refund for annual website subscriptions canceled within 14 days of purchase. They can then take out a new annual subscription on the correct website.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 1 month later...

New Squarespace websites (on 7.1) do not have templates so to speak, they offer starting points with colours, fonts and layouts. You can achieve any of these looks by picking a new colour theme and new font pack, then choosing pre-build page layouts and/or page sections. 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543687-Layout-pages

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
Ⓜ️ 
Will Myers' Plugins & Tutorials (Referral link)
 🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️Pinch-to-Zoom Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?