Product Forum

hello guys, i have been trying to fix this problem for several days and I couldn't, your help is appreciated. Soo, i'm trying to diverge my website from e-commerce to Informative, soo what i did is that i changed the buttons ( request a quotation) on the product page, when someone press it, a forum appears saying Text and Email. 

The question is that, these forms where I can find the submission forms ? i couldnt find them anywhere. please help 

thanks in advance 

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, HussienAmer said:

I changed the buttons (request a quotation) on the product page, when someone press it, a form appears saying Text and Email. 

If you relabel the Add to Cart button it will not change the functionality. It will still launch a Product Form that can only be submitted when the product is checked out and paid for through the checkout page.

If you want to create an enquiry option you'll need to manually add a link to the product description that either links to a contact form on your website or email. If you are happy to individually edit each link on each product then you'll be able to add a query parameter that passes a hidden form field to the form so that you can track the product they were viewing and include this information in the form submission. I've liked to the support article that describes how to set this up.

If you'd prefer a prebuilt solution that automatically includes the product title and URL being viewed at the time, please take a look this paid add-on: Product Enquiry Form extension

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Hello Paul, 

First thanks a lot for your clarification. it really helped me. 

May i have the chance to ask you another question. I was able to remove the price, quantity, and "Add to cart" button since i dont need it functionality, now I want to add a " request a quotation button". Do you have any idea how I can do that ? 

I was trying the usual way " add section, add block" but it's not appearing on my website.

Thanks in advance

37 minutes ago, HussienAmer said:

I want to add a " request a quotation button". Do you have any idea how I can do that ? 

You’ll need to add a link - type some test and then link it to the quotation form page. You can then style that link to look like a button if required, using some custom CSS. 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?