Images on Phone are cut off on sides

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

I'm a hat designer and most of my hats are very wide brimmed.

My website is www.eastangelharbor.com

As you can see from the uploaded images on the 2 attachments, my hats are cut off on the sides.  I've watched youtube videos until I'm about half sick as I've tried every css code that pertains to making the images fit and the codes just don't work for me. 

I'm sure hoping you can help me out as I've checked my website using pagespeed insights and my performance is a very low score and it basically points to my images as being a problem.  

I'm currently resizing photos and optimizing as well as adding metadata, it's a very slow and tedious process, but so far it's not making much difference.  There must be something that I'm missing?  Even after reducing the photo size and optimizing, the pictures of my hats don't show up like they should.

So I'm asking how to make the images fit so they can be seen and also how to improve my performance.

Thank you so much in advance, I'll appreciate any help that you can give me.

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 16-42-26 Victorian Hats — Womens Victorian and Edwardian Hat Styles — East Angel Harbor Hats Custom Hat Designer.png

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 16-41-22 Southern Belle Hats — Womens Victorian and Edwardian Hat Styles — East Angel Harbor Hats Custom Hat Designer.png

• Solution

You simply have the aspect ratio of the images in the shop set to square (1:1).

No code needed. Edit the page, then click on edit section on the store section, then change the aspect ratio to 16:9 or 3:2

image.png.99337c02e07c2f658b9c19b82bdc737f.png

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

4 hours ago, DLM said:

Thank you Ziggy!  This worked first try and VERY quickly a problem solved!

Have a wonderful day!

Very pleased to hear you've got this looking as you want it.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

Hi Ziggy,

All of my wide brim Southern Belle, Victorian and Edwardian hats are showing up beautifully, but now my medium brim and small brim hats are cut off kind of funny...so I went in and fixed them and then my wide brim hats were cut off.  It seems that I can't figure a way to show all of my hat according to their brim size.  I actually need to be able to show the hats in landscape size, portrait size and square size.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks soooo much!

Darna

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 17-36-46 French Fashion Hats — Womens Victorian and Edwardian Hat Styles — East Angel Harbor Hats Custom Hat Designer.png

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 17-36-10 Southern Belle Hats — Womens Victorian and Edwardian Hat Styles — East Angel Harbor Hats Custom Hat Designer.png