Switch from the use of a template to blueprint?

I am just getting started and already lost! I picked a template to play around with for a brief trial run and then upgraded to paid account. I would like to build my own using blueprint but don't see how to switch or delete the existing template to start over. Am I stuck with the template and will just need to edit that?

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2023 at 6:24 AM, derricksrandomviews said:

Yes, if it is a 7.1 template. 7.0 has a switch template option. However, you can make any 7.1 template look like any other with style changes, color palettes, fonts, etc. 

You say you are lost, can you be more specific? We may be able to help you find your way. 

i have the same thing what are my options to change template

51 minutes ago, jordiev said:

i have the same thing what are my options to change template

You can build a new site on 7.0 or 7.1 if you feel the need, and then cancel the old one after moving your domain, but you cannot change templates the same way you can with 7.0. As a reminder you can make any 7.1 design look like any other by tweaking the style options adjusting layouts etc.. If you start a new trial, activate it, and then cancel the old one you will need to apply for a refund, 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001860568-Can-I-move-my-subscription-to-a-different-site-

Depending on the 7.0 switch it is not just a snap of the fingers. It is less challenging if the templates are in the same family such as Brine. The ends and outs of switching templates for both 7.0 and 7.1 are explained in detail here:

https://www.stylefactoryproductions.com/blog/squarespace-change-template