What's new at Squarespace — July 2023

Check out everything new that happened at Squarespace in July below. Which updates are you most excited about? 

Acuity Scheduling

Get notified when an invoice is paid

Administrators will now receive email notifications when clients pay their invoices. You’ll start receiving these emails automatically, but you can disable them by unchecking Get notified when invoice is paid in the Invoice Details panel. 

Learn more about invoice paid notifications

Commerce

Customer accounts now available on the Business plan 

With customer accounts, visitors can save their payment method, shipping addresses, shopping carts, and order information, which can encourage them to become repeat customers. 

Customer accounts can now be enabled on sites with the Business, Commerce Basic, and Commerce Advanced plans. Prior to this update, customer accounts could only be enabled on Commerce plans.  

Learn more about customer accounts

Shipping hazardous materials 

When purchasing a shipping label, you’ll specify whether the package contains hazardous materials. If this box is checked, the Shipping services will update to only display select services from USPS that can accommodate your shipment. 

Learn more about buying shipping labels

Websites and domains

Form submissions now stored directly in Squarespace 

To help you keep track of them, form submissions received after July 21, 2023 will be stored in the Profiles > Form Submitters panel when the email field is required in a form block. 

The email address, Google Drive, Zapier, and MailChimp options haven’t changed, so if you’ve opted to send submissions to those places, they’re still being sent there. Note that the form submissions will now also always be stored within Squarespace as a backup. There’s currently no option to remove them. 

Prior to this update, only third-party storage options were available for form submissions. We know many of you have been waiting for this update for a while! 

Learn more about storing form submitters on your website

Mobile blogging with the Squarespace App 

We’ve improved the blog editing experience on the Squarespace App for iOS and Android to make it more streamlined and focused. You can enable the new blog editor in Settings > Site Settings > Blogging when creating new blog posts..

Learn more about the mobile blog editor

Offset carbon emissions with the Sprout extension 

When you connect the Sprout extension, their team will plant a tree with each product sold or order received to showcase your commitment to sustainability. To add Sprout or browser all extensions, go to Settings, then All Extensions. 

Squarespace Extensions are vetted third-party tools that help you manage, optimize, and expand your site. 

Learn more about Squarespace Extensions

Browse all available Extensions.  

Rewrite text with Squarespace AI 

With this latest update, you can now highlight text you’ve already written and have Squarespace AI edit it. The following options are available: 

• Fix Spelling and Grammar 
  • Lengthen 
  • Outline 
  • Shorten 
  • Simplify 
  • Summarize 

To test it out, highlight your text, then click the lightning bolt icon, and then choose the action you’d like Squarespace AI to complete. 

Please note, you should always review AI generated text. Because it is generated by a machine, it may not always be accurate, appropriate, or right for your website’s needs. Additionally, you should always edit the text to add your voice or details unique to you.  

Learn more about using Squarespace AI to rewrite existing text and best practices.

That's really great updates.  Here's the suggested update from my side:

When Contributors make changes on the site along with form submission email in the form storage part - it place by default contributor email and that's the big issue - could you please default email as a site owner email instead of the contributor email - check the attachment. image.thumb.png.235789147581781f1756c8edd6f970b1.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chrietteartwork said:

Please please please add the ability to add different tax rates to different products.

Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track limitations or feature requests. If you'd like to raise this as a feature request, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

The updates introduced by Squarespace in July showcase a commitment to enhancing user experience and functionality. The addition of customer accounts to the Business plan is particularly exciting, as it can foster customer loyalty. The ability to store form submissions directly within Squarespace simplifies data management. Mobile blogging improvements and the carbon emissions offset feature highlight a focus on convenience and sustainability. The AI-powered text editing option is intriguing, but user discretion is key due to potential accuracy variations. Overall, these updates aim to provide more tools and options for users to create and manage their websites effectively.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 3:12 PM, paul2009 said:

Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track limitations or feature requests. If you'd like to raise this as a feature request, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care

You should finall start using this forum to get new ideas and track requests! Because this is very the community is active!!!! 

SAATKARY CARGO - Spedition & Kurierdienst

Wir bieten ein breites Portofolio an Transportdienstleistungen für Firmen als auch Privatpersonen an.
HIerunter zählen unter anderem europaweit Sperrgut versenden, Palettenversand, Motorrad Transport, sowie Service als  Umzugshelfer in München

On 8/14/2023 at 1:35 PM, chrietteartwork said:

Please please please add the ability to add different tax rates to different products.

Here in Germany we have different tax rates for different products and it is absolutely mendatory that we use these tax rates in the final bill for our customers. Otherwise I cant sell different products and this is a pitty.

I absolutely agree on this point!!!

SAATKARY CARGO - Spedition & Kurierdienst

Wir bieten ein breites Portofolio an Transportdienstleistungen für Firmen als auch Privatpersonen an.
HIerunter zählen unter anderem europaweit Sperrgut versenden, Palettenversand, Motorrad Transport, sowie Service als  Umzugshelfer in München

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, seniorMUSE said:

I NEED to still receive emails for all my form submissions!

The new form storage feature does not affect the email option. Form submissions can still be received by email.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic