Lack of ability to assign alt text to images all over Squarespace 7.1.

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I'd like to ad my concern about the lack of ability to assign alt text to images all over Squarespace 7.1. We are unable to add alt text to images to a featured blog post image, inside a gallery, or page section backgrounds. Not giving us the option to ad alt text to these specific images is strange or an oversight and I am unable to conclude an good reasoning why we should be limited in this way. If an image needs an "null" assignment we should have the ability to make that choice. Loading jquery to make the change is an overly complicated and resource intensive way to make such a simple change; and, will ultimately negatively impact the loading speed of the page or search engine ranking of the site.

Edited by ron1cne
  • ron1cne changed the title to Lack of ability to assign alt text to images all over Squarespace 7.1.
  • Solution

To make a feature request and ensure it is seen by the right people at Squarespace, you can do so via Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket. Squarespace teams don't routinely monitor this forum for feedback (see the guidelines - item 6).

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.