Batch Upload Product Variants?

Help please.  I contacted SQSP support; they said there is no way to batch upload new product variants from a .csv file to my SQSP version 7.1  website.  I am building my website, though I am not a web designer.  I have added 150 products.  Every product has approximately 32 variants -- ex. 4 photo material categories and 8 photo size categories.  I have started this extremely repetitive process and am hoping there is a much more efficient process than MANUALLY ENTERING 6,000 fields of data.  Do you have a better way?  Thank you. 

• Replies 4
  • Views 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what you mean by "batch upload", but you should be able to import physical and service products, and their variants, using a CSV file. For more details about what is and isn't possible, take a look at Importing products from a .csv.

Does this help, or is there a limitation that you cannot overcome?

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar question. I'm creating a site for selling photographic prints in 5 different sizes and 2 finishes. I get that I can duplicate products so that I don't have to type out the variants repeatedly. Once I've created the site I will be handing it over to the photographer to maintain. Is it the case that if he changes the prices of the variants he has to edit each product individually?

50 minutes ago, MightyMouseofGod said:

Once I've created the site I will be handing it over to the photographer to maintain. Is it the case that if he changes the prices of the variants he has to edit each product individually?

If they want to make bulk changes to prices they can export their products using a CSV, edit the prices in the CSV and then re-import them.

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain