Shipping Options

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I have an established store with over 300 products, all which have been flat rate shipping until now. I want to use the UPS carrier calculated, but I've tried adding the exact measurements and weight, and the prices seem to be super high. Does anyone out there have some advice? 

• Solution
34 minutes ago, dearkeely said:

I want to use the UPS carrier calculated, but I've tried adding the exact measurements and weight, and the prices seem to be super high.

Carrier-calculated shipping is only available in the US and uses full retail rates. Squarespace don’t support custom negotiated rates with carriers. 

If calculated rates in a test or live order seem high, you can check them against the UPS rate calculator. If you have questions about how a specific shipping price was calculated, you can contact Squarespace Customer Care for help.

A range of third party shipping "extensions" are available, so it may be worth looking at these.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...

I am seeing this, too. The Squarespace UPS quotes are 2 x higher than the actual postage rate for UPS. 

UPS postage that I buy for a 40lb box from NY to UT for example: $55.52

Squarespace "quote" from UPS and charge to my customer if I have that kind of shipping set up for the same size and weight package is $120. It's too high.

A possible work around would be applying a negative % markup to get the prices more where they should be. But you can't put in a negative number there. 

Anyone have other solutions aside from manually assigning postage rates for every zip code?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, we are seeing this same problem.  My customer was "quoted" $32.23 for shipping and when I went to purchase the label FROM SQUARESPACE (not a connected account), it was $18.96.  Why are they gouging our customers AND deterring our sales?  70% difference is pretty unacceptable.  I am going to start looking for a different sales platform to transfer to.  These guys are seriously lagging on their features and capabilities.