POS Australia

I am in the very early stages of setting up my business and need POS in Australia. Does anyone have advice about the best way. When I signed up for Squarespace I did not realise that it does not support e commerce outside USA. Which is the cheapest plan that I can plug Square into?

• Replies 4
  • Views 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Rosella said:

When I signed up for Squarespace I did not realise that it does not support e commerce outside USA. Which is the cheapest plan that I can plug Square into?

Squarespace Commerce does support e-commerce (online purchasing) but, as you mention, it doesn’t support in-person, Point of Sale (POS) transactions outside the US.

When you are outside the US, it isn’t possible to “plug Square into” Squarespace. If you use Square POS, it will be completely separate, with separate stock management, accounting and so on.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am after some help re POS systems. I have a Squarespace e-commerce website, but I need a POS system to be able to take phone payments as well as just through the website. I also need the ability to charge variable costs, i.e. a delivery fee that is a flat rate up to x products, and then $1 for every product after that. So I would need something that I can just input manually and type descriptions for. 

I am in Australia. I would love something like Square that talks directly to Squarespace, as I love the functionality of all the customer notification emails being the same, and automated. But I believe that only works for US based customers?

I am just getting started so would love to hear thoughts on what you do? Is this something you just do via Xero, or have a handheld device from your bank and use manual receipts/customer notifications. Do you know of an integration that speaks directly to Squarespace?

Thanks in advance! 

1 hour ago, JaimieAllen said:

I am after some help re POS systems. I have a Squarespace e-commerce website, but I need a POS system to be able to take phone payments.

I am in Australia. I would love something like Square that talks directly to Squarespace.

@JaimieAllen Outside the US, there aren’t any in-person, point of sale solutions that integrate with Squarespace directly. They’ll be completely independent systems that need to be managed entirely separately, as I mentioned in my reply to someone else above. For example, if you use Square for POS, you’ll need to add products to both systems, set/change prices on both independently and synchronise stock levels using a (usually expensive) third party solution like Trunk Inventory.

That said, you mentioned that you need to be able to take phone payments? If all your offline customers will be placing orders over the telephone (none will be visiting you in in-person) then have you tried acting as a proxy for them on your Squarespace website instead of using a separate solution? You could select the products, add them to the checkout and then take the customer's details, including payment card details, over the phone.

I hope this helps but if I've misunderstood your requirements, do post back 🙂.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.