Long time web developer, just inherited a SS site and have a couple questions

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I just inherited a commerce site after a client's old dev stopped responding. Can someone please tell me if the following is possible/feasible? The site offers premade meals that are available to pick up in-store or at a handful of other local businesses.

My client is opening a second location in another city, which will have it's own store and a few pickup locations.

Does SS allow the creation of multiple business locations?

Can we customize the checkout per location? For example, we'd only want customers to see the pickup locations for the city they are in.

What would be a good plan to structure this? The current site was setup using Shipping Options rather than Pickup Locations, though I'm not sure why.

Would fulfilment profiles apply here?

Thanks,
Jason

• Replies 1
  • Views 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
1 hour ago, Conspicuous said:

My client is opening a second location in another city. Can we customize the checkout per location? For example, we'd only want customers to see the pickup locations for the city they are in.

If you create a page for each location, and have products that are specific to each location, you'll be able to use fulfillment profiles to specify which local pickup locations are shown for which products. 

1 hour ago, Conspicuous said:

The current site was setup using Shipping Options rather than Pickup Locations, though I'm not sure why.

'Local pickup' was added to Squarespace in September 2021 so if the site was built before this, 'shipping' would have been the only option available.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.