Payment methods for shop

Hello,

I'm creating an e-commerce website for a client and I have a question about the payment methods for the shop.

It's a website for winemakers. For the payment procedure at the end of an order, they want to proceed only by bill, so no payments by card or direct payments. It's their policy, the client pays when he receive his order.

Is it possible to delete the card payment method in the payment procedure ?

Thank you for your help !

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bountie said:

For the payment procedure at the end of an order, they want to proceed only by bill, so no payments by card or direct payments. It's their policy, the client pays when he receive his order.

Is it possible to delete the card payment method in the payment procedure ?

No, it is not possible to remove online payment methods from the Squarespace checkout. For a customer to complete checkout, they must use an online payment method through Stripe or PayPal. They cannot choose to 'pay by invoice' on Squarespace Commerce. 

There are workarounds using third party code but, if you use them, you will not be able to use the commerce features (like managing inventory or orders within the Squarespace UI).

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you for your quick answer.

I think we will have to use the code then. 

I just want to be sure about one thing if we use the code we won't lose any client information right ? It's just that we can't see the inventory of the products that's right ?

48 minutes ago, Bountie said:

if we use the code we won't lose any client information right?

I assume the difficulties are because of the complex compliance and tax requirements for selling wine directly to consumers? If that's the case, Squarespace doesn't have a built-in solution.

Squarespace commerce has only been designed for online orders where payment is made online, so you'll only be able to manage orders on the platform if they were processed through the Squarespace checkout.

If you process orders offline, by taking the customer's details online and then taking payment offline (either manually or using a third party solution) Squarespace won't be aware of the orders and you'll need a different method of managing them.

I hope this helps, even if it isn't what you wanted to hear 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you for your help, we will find a solution and adapt the policy for online payments. 

It's the delivery fees that are tricky because they can change depending of the size of the order. If they order one bottle of wine, a pack of 6 or 12 bottles... I saw that we can only adapt the prize by weight, is that right ?

Also is it possible to offer the delivery if the client reached a certain amount of products ordered ?
For example if they order 5 packs of 12 bottles it's half prize and from 10 packs it's free ?

I hope I don't ask too much... 

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Matthieu8 said:

I've also the same need to generate automatically invoices as an additional payment method in Squarespace checkout. Even with the latest updates, it cannot be done?

Hi Matthieu

In August 2023, Squarespace added a new Client Invoicing feature, but I don't think this is what you need. This new feature allows you to send branded invoices to clients but only for online payment using the methods already available in the checkout - Stripe and PayPal. It’s not possible to mark an invoice as paid if clients pay separately and you still cannot offer a 'pay by invoice' option in the Squarespace checkout.

Let me know if I've answered your question, or if you need more information 🙂

• 2 months later...

Call  me crazy, but that definitely needs to be changed.  Some like to pay via e-transfer or by cheque if it's a company that does their business that way.  For example, the City of Calgary puts in large orders and send the payment to me via cheque.