Domain Link up Problems

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello, 

I've built a website with SS and signed up for business acc. My domain is held with a 3rd party IONOS athenafilms.com 

Despite the apparent simplicity of connecting in the 'use the domain I own' - at no point have they asked me to logo into my IONOS acc - so how can they get the records? I've already had one 72 hour long connection failure, and now trying it again (again without me having to sign in to IONOS).

I'm not great at the language of this, and had support from IONOS who said they could only really help if I either had the IP address or the nameserver. We've long had our acc with IONOS and has the business emails attached to it as well so don't want to swap to SS. I can't believe there's not a simple chat function as I'm sure it must be simple... 

Can anyone help at all please? 

Thanks! 

Jude 

2 hours ago, JudeCov said:

I've built a website...My domain is held with a 3rd party IONOS 

Despite the apparent simplicity of connecting in the 'use the domain I own' - at no point have they asked me to log into my IONOS acc - so how can they get the records?

I can't believe there's not a simple chat function as I'm sure it must be simple... 

As far as I can see, the domain is hosted on 1&1, and has not been connected to Squarespace yet, because none of the records (A or CNAME) are correct for a Squarespace website. 

I recommend that you follow this guide and ask for help if you get confused: Connecting a 1&1 IONOS domain to your Squarespace site.

There is an online chat service but you'll need to confirm your issue (by answering a few quick questions) before you'll be able to reach the chat service button. If you experience any difficulties contacting Squarespace Customer Care, please read my short guide, how to contact Squarespace and see if it helps.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution

The support article (that I linked above) includes links to the details you'll need.

If you are using Nameserver Connect, the process is fully automatic . You won't need to know IP addresses.

If you choose to use the manual DNS Connect method, this guide explains how to add DNS records manually. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks for your advice - especially with finding someone to chat to as well! It's up and running.

Just a little note if anyone is having a similar issue ... after putting in the DNS settings and saving, I had to clear my cache because it stored the website as unresponsive in the history. I cleared the cache and all is well. Thanks again!