Member Area - Cancelled Subscriptions

Hello,

I've created a Member Area for my client - a college advisor and she will be offering new content each month for subscribers.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to manage this as students can purchase throughout the month, but then if they cancel, they have access 30 days afterward, which will most likely go into the next month's content.

My plan for the previous "expired" pages is to drag them out of the member area, password protect them and share the password with those members who purchased that month so they'll always have access.  That still doesn't help the mid-month subscribers gaining access to 2 months for the price of one.  Any input is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by ElizaM3
  • Replies 3
  • Views 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ElizaM3 said:

I've created a Member Area for my client - a college advisor…students can purchase throughout the month, but then if they cancel, they have access 30 days afterward

On Squarespace, when someone cancels their membership , their access to the member area is removed immediately.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 2:36 AM, paul2009 said:

On Squarespace, when someone cancels their membership , their access to the member area is removed immediately.

No, it remains active for the full 30 days from when the subscription started.  We'll have to work around this as we tiered it as new content on the 1st of every month. 

Yes, sorry. If you cancel their membership, it cancels immediately and they lose access to the gated content straight away. If the member cancels their own subscription, they retain access to the gated content for the remainder of their billing cycle, but navigation links to members-only content won't display.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.