york template - background colors of index page tiles

Hi,

When I'm adding new tiles to my portfolio (using the York template), the background color of the image is usually applied to the entire responsive tile.  For some reason, when I add new images, it's assigning a lighter tint of the color (making the edge of the image obvious & not seamless. (screenshot attached).  

How is that background color getting assigned? Any ideas why new ones that I add are not seamless like my 6 existing portfolio items (& the York demo site)?

Thanks for any insight!

york-bkgd.png

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

OP, managed to find a workaround through some googling. If you convert your index images to .gif then the matching solid background color should work.

I contacted support and they were not helpful. The person had suggested that the lighter auto background color was by design. They had also suggested that the source image size, being different from one card to another, would affect it which is bonkers. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/27/2023 at 7:01 PM, kcjling said:

OP, managed to find a workaround through some googling. If you convert your index images to .gif then the matching solid background color should work.

I shamefully spent hours trying to figure this out, auto-colour wasn't working, tried using the crop image function, everything I could think of to fix the issue.

Had to make an account to say thanks. 

This definitely shouldn't be so difficult to fix

• 4 months later...