What's new at Squarespace - March 2023

We’ve been collecting updates all month. Here’s everything new with the platform in March!  

Commerce

Fulfillment profiles 

You can now create fulfillment profiles, which are tailored sets of shipping options that you assign to individual products. This limits the shipping options at checkout to those in the product’s fulfillment profile. For example, if some of your products are fragile items that require additional packaging, you can create a fulfillment profile for “fragile items” to ensure customers only have shipping options that capture the additional cost.

Learn more about creating fulfillment profiles

Visitors can now change their own customer account email addresses 

Customers who create an account on your site can now change their account email address to ensure they stay connected with their account. Please note, site owners can’t change emails on customers’ behalf. 

With customer accounts, visitors can save their payment method, shipping addresses, shopping carts, and order information. 

Learn more about changing customer account emails.

Google Workspace 

Option to upgrade your Google Workspace plan 

You can now upgrade your Google Workspace plan from your Squarespace site to one that fits your business’ needs. We offer Google’s Business Starter, Business Standard, and Business Plus plans. Prior to this update, Google Workspace plans couldn’t be changed within Squarespace. 

Please note, it’s not possible to downgrade your Google Workspace plan. 

Learn more about upgrading your Google Workspace plan

Unfold 

Cropping tool improvements

You can now crop your images and videos to fit your desired aesthetic, regardless of the frame in the template you use. Before this, images and videos would fit the size of the frame they were contained in. 

Learn more about creating stories with Unfold.

Reels Editor improvements

You can now reorder the images and videos you upload into the Reels Editor by dragging and dropping. Before this, you couldn’t reorder images and videos without starting from scratch. 

Learn more about creating social media videos

Websites and domains

Navigation panel name updates  

We’ve renamed some navigation panels in the left-hand menu to better reflect what they do. No functionality has been changed, but you’ll notice the following: 

• In the Commerce panel 
    • Facebook & InstagramProducts & Instagram 
    • GoogleGoogle Shopping
    • PaymentsStore Payments 
  • In the Marketing panel 
    • SEOSEO Appearance 
  • In the Email Campaigns panel
    • SettingsEmail Campaigns Settings 
  • In the Settings (Advanced) panel 
    • Import & ExportImport & Export Content 
    • BloggingBlog Preferences 

Note: If you’re a Circle member, you can access weekly release notes within the Circle Forum.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:00 PM, Parker_SQSP said:

You can now create fulfillment profiles, which are tailored sets of shipping options that you assign to individual products.

This is a game-changing update for Squarespace Commerce! These fulfilment profiles will make it easier for merchants to charge accurate shipping rates on a product-by-product basis, and decide which products are available for pickup/collection vs shipping.

I love that we can set (or change) the fulfilment profile really easily from the Inventory panel:

image.thumb.gif.da053f71d50fd70bfb688c36a64af57b.gif

Profiles are also easy to manage because they can have have any title:

image.png.40900a2b9cf5687cc9d4f1cbed07bc30.png 

I also love that the shipping options conflate when different fulfillment profiles share common shipping options. Instead of a complex layout, only the common options are shown, allowing the products to ship together in one box. 

For example, instead of:

image.thumb.png.74193649a2e3ba3fa01bcf07bc75c7e9.png

We see this:

image.png.3af47f97e41e80dc0844947031062d92.png

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Squarespace Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am a user of your platform and I wanted to share a suggestion with you.

As a customer, I have been using your platform to create and manage my website. However, I have been facing some difficulties with the current payment methods available for billing. I noticed that the only payment methods available are credit card and PayPal. As a user who prefers to make payments through my debit card or UPI, I find it inconvenient that these options are not available.

Therefore, I would like to request that you add a debit card and UPI payment methods to your platform. This would greatly enhance the payment experience for many users, including myself.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic